Visual Studio Isolated Shell

Jun 2, 2009 at 9:03 PM
Edited Jun 2, 2009 at 9:05 PM

Hello !

First of all, thanks for your posts. I was really happy to find something interesting about VSX, and not pasted pages of the "basic walkthrough".

I'm currently developing a 2D game engine on XNA, and I've started thinking about developping the associated game editor. I thought that VS Isolated Shell was the best option.

Unfortunately, I'm running into some issues with the shell stub.

I've created a new isolated shell project, and the first thing I wanted to do was to remove unwanted commands and tool windows (like database and server explorer, Object Browser, Class View, Toolbox, etc.).

So I went in the MyEditorUI.vsct file to remove those packages (by uncommenting the appropriate line). But Visual Studio seems to do as it pleases when it comes to compile the .vsct

At first I removed the forementioned packages, but there was no change when I ran the project. Then I checked MyEditorUI in MyEditor Shell Dependencies (which strangely wasn't checked by default at the solution's creation). This had the effect of removing the Server Explorer, but not the other packages I wanted to remove.

After that, no matter what changes are done to the dependencies or to the .vsct file, no matter how many solution regenerations completed, the Shell doesn't change at all!

Do you have any ideas about what could be the cause of my problem?

Thanks

Cedric