Thank You!

Feb 18, 2008 at 9:20 AM
Thank you very much for these tutorials, they have been very helpful.
Coordinator
Feb 22, 2008 at 4:41 PM
Hi, dannomite,

I am glad you have found these tutorials helpful.
May 6, 2008 at 4:29 AM
I have to create a custom designer for Visual Studio 2008, is it much the same as writing a custom editor ?

Thanks!
Coordinator
May 9, 2008 at 5:25 AM

archamba wrote:
I have to create a custom designer for Visual Studio 2008, is it much the same as writing a custom editor ?

Thanks!

Hi Archamba,

By architectural point of view custom designer and custom editor is the same. When we say "custom editor" we are speaking about creating customization by extending the text editor in VS; by "custom designer" we mean changing the UI somethig else, for example a custom windows form. In the VS SDK samples you can find more examples on custom editors and designers. You can grab my custom editor articles as a base to understand those examples. Actually, a complete custor editor or designer requires to implement some other (about 10) interfaces.

Bests, István
Feb 18, 2009 at 2:38 PM

Hi, just a question:

I am trying to develop a website framework and would love to create a new Website Item Opposed to a Website Application Project Item.
From an end user's prespective I want to go 'file->new->Website->MyWebsite' instead of 'file->new->Project->MyWebsite'  Is this in any way possible without using templates?